Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This Moms take on Teen Mom 2

I have been hooked on 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom since the beginning. I am so captivated by these young girls and their lives. Being a new mom is hard, I can't imagine doing it as a teenager. When I think about how I was as a teenager, and then how hard raising a baby is...the two just don't mix well at all!

This new season, Teen Mom 2, so far has been even better than the first Teen Mom, I think anyways. Leah, Cory and the twins melt my heart. I was bawling last night when they found out something is wrong with one of their girls. I know what it's like to not know if your baby is going to be OK, and it is the worst feeling I have ever experienced. You feel so helpless and you just get swallowed up in this never ending pit of despair. Poor baby! I hope she is OK, it's heartbreaking to see innocent little baby's suffer.

Someone said to me the other day (because I talk about Teen Mom literally every chance I get) That Janelle is going to be this season's Amber. I agreed at first, but not any more. Amber was just so hard to like and that made it hard to feel for her. She was just such a biatch all the time. Janelle, on the other hand, has moments when I just want to reach out and give her a hug. Yes she is irresponsible, yes she makes bad choices, yes so far she hasn't been a very good mom, but there is just something about her that I find enduring. Her mom is doing the right thing by getting custody of Jace because she is raising him, and Janelle needs a big reality check.

So far I haven't gotten too wrapped up with the other two girls stories, but I have a feeling I will have A LOT to say about Chelsea getting back together with that loser! When I watched her 16 and Pregnant episode and he called her a fat stretch marked bitch, I lost it! How dare he, he is dead to me. From one fat stretch marked bitch to another, she needs to kick his ass to the curb forever. He hasn't changed, don't be stupid. I know before the season is over he will once again show his true asshole colors.

People talk about how these shows make Teen pregnancy glamours, but I strongly disagree. The people saying that have obviously never watched the show. If I was still 16 and watched these two shows, it would scare the crap out of me. These girls lives are anything but glamours. The reason I think this show is so good is because it is heartbreakingly real. I think it is good for teens to see how hard and how much of a struggle it really is to have kids at that age. People argue, well some girls might get pregnant just for a chance to be on the show. Well here is the reality: There has always been teen pregnancy, there always will be teen pregnancy and shining a light on the issue will ultimately help, not hurt the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment